View Single Post
Old 10-05-2009, 11:12 AM   #1
Lakejunkie

i just spoke with a person at the NV Dept. of Motor Vehicles and questioned them about converting a truck to an RV. he mentioned there are several models that are not allowed to be converted but wasn't sure which ones. he did mention the pete 379, but wasn't 100% certain. he did give me a number of another person to speak to in order to get the real scoop. in addition, when i mentioned what i was looking at (a 3 axle tractor shortened to a 2 axle tractor and shortened frame) he went on to say NOT to cut those frames because they are "tempered". i'm not exactly sure what that means, but he stated that they are pre-stressed and when you cut the frame it completely changes the frame???? can any of you guys add to this and further explain what he's talking about? i see alot of these conversions that have been cut to lengthen them or shorten them and have not seen or heard anything like this being mentioned. he also mentioned that buy doing what i talked about, if i could get it passed an insepection it would recieve a salvage title! does any of this sound like it's "par for the course"?
Lakejunkie is offline   Reply With Quote