View Single Post
Old 07-20-2009, 02:39 PM   #1
John Lynch

Any suggestions would be helpful. Tossing around the idea of building my own coach to pull our 30 ft. stacker trailer. Probably would like to pick up a 350+ horse version. Any suggestions on truck brands and powerplants? What about auto vs. manual trans? I currently have an older IHC chassis with a 11 ft box. It has a 7000 watt diesel generator and roof mount A/C, Stool in the shower (too small) sink, microwave and rv furnace. It is powered by a 466 turbo and a six speed trans with air brakes. It will sleep for adults with a pull out couch and a bunk over the cab.
My thoughts to upgrade to about a 28 ft with a master bedroom in back, a larger shower with seperate stool, pull out couch etc.
What about construction of the box? Size of tubing, c/c on uprights etc. Is it more feasable to have a box constructed or build you own? Any links to websites that may help?
I know there is a a lot of questions here and there will no doubt be more so any help or input anybody can give me will be appreciated!!!
Thanks in advance
John Lynch
John Lynch is offline   Reply With Quote