View Single Post
Old 01-19-2010, 05:34 PM   #1
DJ

Hi all,
This is my first post here. Anyway looks like a good site for info. I was previously working on converting a 2000 International 4700 crewcab for the tow vehicle but Just picked up a 1993 Isuzu FSR crewcab so I am going to make this into my multipurpose tow vehicle instead. I love the 7.3 International engine and currently have a Ford Excursion with it too but the 4700 was just too rough of a ride plus needing other issues attended to. I previously owned a UD cabover which I had bought new for a business I had in the past. anyway I really like the cabover style.. Finding a cheap Crewcab medium duty cab over is not easy so I snatched this one up cheap at a local auction. I will be shortening it and also installing a Power up and power down Dump hoist with a custom flatbed I will build for it.. I really want to change out the tranny from the MT542 allison to something with an overdrive or a manual trans with overdrive. other option is to find some sort of Overdrive gear splitter to install behind the tranny. also want to swap out the 4.88 rears to 3.55 or 4.10 range.... I dont plan on pulling much over 10K but will also use this for hauling my Bobcat skidsteer and getting material like gravel, dirt etc.... Have 2 kids so that is the reason it had to be a crewcab... still deciding on the bed length. will have to move fuel tank and air brake stuff so I can shorten the axle.. currently 23'5" of frame length and 230"wheel base... will be shortening the wheelbase too... thinking somewhere between 10 and 16 ft bed

will get pics up once I take some,
DJ is offline   Reply With Quote