View Single Post
Old 06-30-2010, 08:37 PM   #12
blizzardND

you maybe ok, but pulling a trailer that has a big company logo which is what Wadesgames has, (I would assume that he'd want to letter the box of the E450 also) would only help re-enforce the fact that he is a duck.

Our business Human Resources, Payroll and Benefits administration, our client companies are always asking can I scrimp by on this rule or that. We do not allow any creeping into gray, once you go gray, it seems like it takes 2 law firms making money and 1 judge that schedules you out about a year and half. Just to tell whether its legal or not. Most of these employeers gray rules can be proven illegal if its in the plaintiff (empoyees) favor. Usually some unemployed disgruntled former employee snivels out some piddly ass excuse to some sympathetic judge. Missed overtime pay, wrongful termination, company employee not contract labor and now wants his back taxes paid etc. He needs to feed his family and therefor evil company pays out.

I just see the same thing in the RV industry, too big of trailer behind too small of TV, accidents happen whose to to blame? Driver who was told that his truck can handle a 15K trailer? If an ambulance chaser looks at the accident photos and sees a big logo on the side of the trailer, does he go after the 100K auto policy or the 2 million dollar company umbrella?

2 cents, I understand cutting corners on recycled paper and toner cartridges, I do not cut corners on liability insurance.

If your company is incorporated, doesn't the truck, its insurance and expenses have to be in the name of the corporation to be a deductible biz expense?

lots to consider when we mix biz with pleasure...

good luck Wadsesgames with your decision, please take a few minutes to talk to your accountant and insurance rep before making a deposit.

blizz

blizz