View Single Post
Old 04-18-2009, 11:15 AM   #10
dgorila1

Tractor,
Every time I look through the build photos I find something else that gets me stoked. I love the retracting steps! Frees up valuable space inside and the way they operate is simple but ingenious.
You used a "factory" cargo box as the platform for the coach. From your experience do they make longer boxes (35'-40') and if not would it be feasible to place 2 20' boxes back to back and attach them together to make one long box? I like the box concept because in a few simple steps the basic structure is ready and watertight. I would like to build a longer rig though for extended travel/full time living plus I need a "room" for my daughter :-)
When are you going to organize all your pics and notes and write a book or DVD to detail the build from start to finish to sell to those of us on this forum that want to do the same thing you did? Let me know if you do and I'll place the first order! My biggest obstacle, besides money, is having a large shop to put the truck in to do the build, since it will probably take as long as yours did. Once again, awesome job!
dgorila1 is offline   Reply With Quote