Thread: Wall Slide
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2010, 09:15 PM   #5
geofkaye

...I've repaired maybe 35 in the last 6 years...I hate them worse than a bad case of VD!.....they are lite weight and about as strong as a tinker toy.....engineered to last -at the most -about a year- if you don't use it........anyway...BAL makes one that is very adjustable and can be adjusted from time to time with out too much effort.....BAL is a manufacture/supplier for Elkhart companies....if you can get one-buy it! the rest are a nightmare. I had a guy in Lawarnceburg Ind that made a hydraulic one but it was a one off and I think he is gone out of business... W&M Manufacturing/Motorsports IIRC...He had a good idea and the design was overbuilt but there was no way of any problems hampering the mechanism. It was hydraulic off the PTO on the truck transmissions.....of all the ideas that have come out of the RV industry the slide was the worst...."it is a leaker/windy/rocker/binds up going in and out/smells musty when open/get it open and can't get it closed at all or only partiality/uses too much current/motor binds up/needs lube almost every time it is used/rain water comes in/wind blows all the heat/AC out of the unite/can't get the switch to operate at all/bad electric connections/no power/too little power/burning smell when closed up/moves out on left hand turns/windows fall out if it gets in a bind"....and the best..."I opened it all the way and the trailer slid off the leveling blocks and I had to call a wrecker to get us back up the muddy hill....do you think it might be too heavy with the band stuff in the slide?"....geofkaye and the Rivercity Group
geofkaye is offline   Reply With Quote