View Single Post
Old 04-18-2010, 07:55 PM   #12
geofkaye

....RJDhomes....i have "too much" experience with FRP....I'm the only one locally that will rebuild the wall section to new....most are not handling or doing a replacement or in the case of the Insurance industry....they just total them if they are not "incinerated" first....too many guys are finding out about the repair process/and letting them catch on fire then calling the insurance company......happens all the time in this neck of the woods...usually it is a cooking fire on the stove-something overheats and the oil catches fire and it gets out of control causing the interior to have to be replaced along with the walls and floor.....I always ask what was for dinner?-the usual answer is something in boiling oil.....huummm...anyway not any of my business...I give an estimate and the Insco totals the unite and writes the owner/bank a check.......if there is anyway it can be redone at a price point that allows for profit of 50% I buy it and rehab....usually 4 a year along with polyisocynate super insulating houses and businesses....I net a 6 figure income BTW....I have 5 women/with 7+ kids that work for me currently and 2 guys on the "black gang"-they are all are dependent on me for work- so I'm busy 7 days a week....and will be for at least 2 years already scheduled out. I live right next to an area in Cincinnati Ohio that is one of the wealthiest in the county and there is more work than I can do even if i doubled my workload...._FRP is out_...the commercial guys won't stand for it anymore-aluminum or nothing-they will go elsewhere and buy from someone else....the trucking industry demands a unite that can be repaired overnite-and that is why FRP is obsolete...I have repaired "too many" over the last 4 years....I know what I'm doing and I use a vacuum pump and epoxy sealers with injection solutions of 2 part iso/glues...takes time but I charge only $80 an hour for shop time....I don't have the overhead that a dealer has and I have all portable equipment- I can do off site and also have a heated warehouse that can be used if necessary...I'm not in anyway taking any business for any dealer....my work is all custom work for private individuals and insurance companies...I don't advertise or solicit any work...no time/too busy.....when there is an issue with FRP and a MH/Toter/Trailer...5 insurance companies start calling for opinions...whether I repair or an boat re-builder does the work-[since there is not anyone else locally]-insurance companies call and I take a look-in person-never over the 'net. If i have ruffled your feathers-I certainly apologize-I have repaired Renegades and quite a few others over the years....they are a PIA if you don't know the tricks of the trade-which i will share with anyone......geofkaye and the River city Girlz
geofkaye is offline   Reply With Quote