View Single Post
Old 04-17-2010, 09:26 AM   #1
Terra180

Hi,
I am new to the site and to HDT towing. I just purchased a 2004 Volvo 670 autoshift that is pretty much stock except for:
1. Single tires (not dually) but still has tandem axles.
2. "Trailer Saver" 5th wheel hitch installed on the truck and the commerical hitch was removed.
3. Exhaust re-routed under the chassis.

I bought this truck for 2 reasons, for the torque to pull my new 40' rear living room fifth wheel camper (2011 Cedar Creek 36RE AND to build a deck on the back to carry my Harley Screamin' Eagle along with an Arctic Cat Prowler 1000 side by side atv. The new trailer has an 'Air Ride' pin box.

The chassis has not been altered and I don't want to shorten it. I want to remove the "forward rear" axle and install a new driveshaft to go from the transmission to the 'most rear' axle. I want to re-locate the 5th wheel hitch all the way to the back of the chassis and then build a 102" wide deck to carry the bike and side by side ATV. I may have to construct a small ramp on the deck so the ATV sits angled upward (the ATV is 10' feet long). The bike is 8.5 feet long.

Our objective was to obtain the best of 'all worlds'. We considered a toyhauler fifth wheel but we would lose too much living space. We wanted our 40' feet of living space in the trailer and take both toys with us everytime.

Any and all comments are greatly appreciated!
Terra180 is offline   Reply With Quote