View Single Post
Old 06-12-2009, 06:12 AM   #4
Radman

Geo,
I think I got this one figgered out.

The fuse is in one of those SAE weathertight connectors located on the back side of the ECU and it is grounding the ECU case. The electronics are isolated and protected with diods and other hi-tech glitter.

While the fuse was blown, it likely happened when we were removing the batteries and or welding on the frame. I didnt know it existed.

Now about that CEL...it seems that the boys at KW saw fit to provide a fan on light in the T2000. A bright yellow light on the dash with all the other idiot lights and the same engine block shape as a CEL. In 2203 they changed the color to green, likely because most of us think yellow is for CAUTION. So it isnt a CEL after all it just tells us the fand is on.

Since I just got the truck on the road in November I had never seen the light come on before. Well it was 40F outside and I get on the highway 2 min from the house so its not that suprising. Now it's loaded up and 80F outside so the fan comes on...duaaaaaaaah.

There is more detailed info on the dual ground loop design and the problems from early N14 configs on the Escapes list.

Anyway all is well with the truck until the next one and I got new batteries too.

Tahnks for looking into the issue and giving it some thought...