View Single Post
Old 09-01-2009, 09:21 AM   #4
blizzardND

Tommy, as much as I love to see folks build there own, man alive, there are some rigs that you could drive away today for 75% of what you can buy the parts for! When You get to a class 8 like you are looking at, 50-60 grand can buy any one of around 20 on RacingJunk right now, for another 20k (the range that I have in my little 21' conversion) I could buy around 50 others on RJ add another 10-20k to build a big class 8 like yours and at $100K there are around 75-100 more to pick from.

The question is if you have an entire year to build it, and do you want to learn all the systems and subsystems, and pay for your own mistakes and re-cuts, to have a truly custom rig? Or buy a lesser priced one already complete, re-carpet an re upholster a used rig and be on the road in a few weeks.

Buying a name brand rig will help with your conversation with your banker also. Nothing is more worthless than a 3/4 completed project that you run out of money on, but still can't use.
been there bought that t-shirt

perhaps, you could run an add for a half completed project? there has to be dozens of them out there for an absolute steal!
-blizz