View Single Post
Old 05-24-2009, 09:53 AM   #2
Bob86ZZ4

Some good questions, Brave. My son drives truck and he drives a company Freightliner. He does think Pete/KW makes a better truck. Does that mean they do? I suppose it's like the age old question, Ford/Chev/Dodge who's better? I know of course that Chev is far superior but others don't know that.

Just looking at the pictures it does look like a pretty nice conversion. He seems to think it's "the best." Hard to prove/disprove that claim. His is skinned with .036. My United Specialties is .060. Does that mean mine is a better conversion? I dunno.

I don't mind the stainless storage doors. As far as a window in the bathroom, mine doesn't have one. It's got a skylight above the shower which is kind of nice during the day not to have to turn on lights. I like lots of big windows throughout, but then that means less cupboards/storage I guess. No easy answers there.

I think it's a pretty neat layout tho with those two overhead bunks. How do you get up there? Stand on the kitchen counter? The whole "it sleeps XXX people." I don't ascribe to that. My rig has a queen bed, a jacknife sofa, and the dinette/sleeper. I tell people it sleeps two lovers in the queen, 1 single or 2 lovers on the sofa, 1 single or 2 lovers in the dinette. You can replace "lovers" with "kids" for the same numbers.

All in all it doesn't look like that bad of a rig for somebody that wants a short truck to pull a long trailer. He does think highly of it and his price reflects that. I hope he can get what he wants for it. He is finding out that no matter what you do you can't sell something for what you've put into it, usually, at least in this present depression.