View Single Post
Old 11-21-2009, 06:43 AM   #18
Bob86ZZ4

Oh no, I don't know where you're buying those gold plated titanium diaphram horns. I got my Hadley's at a truck parts store for $50 each. I put those on my 32' Allegro gasser so it had no air supply system. So, I bought a very nice 12v air compressor on ebay from one of those places down south that puts air bags on old Chebbies to drop em down for cruizin. That cost me $129. A 7 gallon air tank from Walmart for about $25. The 12v air solonoid cost me $30 at Catco. Some air tubing was about .12/foot. Wire the solonoid to the original horn wire. Plumb the tank to the compressor and solonoid and horns. Voillah. I also put a piece of rubber air hose with a quick disconnect in. Then I kept a piece of 50' rubber air hose in the storage bin. There, I'm all set to properly inflate the tires, fill the bike tires, and I have a nice supply of compressed air to stoke the bonfire with at the camp site. No more hands and knees blowing my lungs out to get it going.

Now, my t/c is a Freightliner FL112. It came with a stinky little single air horn on it. I went on ebay and bought the train horns for about $59 (got a blemish unit). It even came with a 12v solonoid that I didn't need since the stock horn already had a lanyard valve on the truck. Unscrew the stock horn. Bolt on the new ones. PResto! Get outa my way, a train is comin'! Yeehaw.