View Single Post
Old 11-25-2009, 06:19 PM   #3
geofkaye

.....TWO GENERATORS seems to me the most economical and most _dependable_ way to proceed....one unite a large high amperage unite for running everything plus some- the other unite to just get by on[low amperage and 12vdc charging]... a Honda 3000 or even 2 Honda unites paralleled that I have access to....my main unite is 12.5k Onan Diesel and I do have several options that are available for extended quiet running at nite if I need to have juice....I did pick up a 500 Amp continuous generator with a 6 cylinder Perkins Government Surplus Field/ Arctic Kit-120-220 and 480 volt there is a switching circuit board that can make it do 3 phase should I need to power something really big......and it will rock the neighborhood as the muffler is a 4" pass through! In the big wind storm here I powered 4 neighbor houses.....they still whined about the noise.....God lave them!.....anyway I don't like to spend money on solar packages as I'm not convinced that is the way to proceed yet and those things cost about 4k last time I looked into them......geofkaye and the Rivercity Girls who will be at the Kentucky RVIA Show December 1-2-3 of 2009 in Louisville KY......
geofkaye is offline   Reply With Quote