View Single Post
Old 03-06-2010, 02:07 PM   #2
Bob86ZZ4

That rig isn't too far off from mine. I've ridden in the bedroom while others have driven. I've found it very quiet on mine. Less road noise than my old Allegro. I drove a twin screw t/c for a test once and my buddy (a top notch car mechanic) went back to the bedroom and he said he thought the diffs were noisy but he wasn't sure if they always are on a truck. Did that truck you drove have air rear suspension? Mine does.

The cab ride on mine is very firm. MrsBob86ZZ4 says it's too rough for her liking. Mine's a leaf spring front axle. I think many of the newer trucks have air front axles, maybe that would be smoother? My son drives truck over the road. He drives a Freightliner Columbia sleeper cab. Air ride seats and air ride cab. His truck is just as bumby as mine when bobtailing. When he's got 50k lbs on the back it smoothes out a bit and might be slightly smoother, but not much, than mine.