View Single Post
Old 04-12-2004, 11:25 PM   #7

The trailer currently is near 12,000lbs. Fully loaded I may see 16,000lbs, including tools, race bikes, water, hospitality tent, etc. It would also be nice to be able to tow with the set-up, should it ever become reality. I definately would need to be able to seat four people "legaly".

Any opinions on the fallowing?

Weather to use a four door cab, or manufacture the cab open to the "motorhome" and incorporate seating in the transition area. Or any other ideas on how to nicely arange this.

Having no knowledge of medium duty trucks, is there a brand or two that seem to operate under the popular radar, that would be considered a bargain? What size/spec does it appear I will need? I'm hearing great deals can be had on Fords (F650), and it seems I would need near 250 HP to be decent. I would also prefer to have an "auto style" shift. This is an area, I would need to get alot of bang for the buck, if this was to become reality. I cannot afford a new truck, or an expensive truck, I don't think. I know wheelbase will be somewhere between 230-250 inches.

I would like to thank anyone that will entertain me in this discussion. If nothing else, I will be better educated next time around.

rwrr001...that is a project man, my hats off to you!