Thread: Inverters
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2009, 10:19 PM   #4
geofkaye

If I can't hook up to at least 30 amps.......with LED lite and low draw appliances/cycled appliances-one isn't going to need a converter or solar panels as you can run your generator about 1+ hours a day and recharge your battery bank.....I only need my generator at nite to cool the freezer/heat shower hot water/cook in the micro for an hour/adjust the internal temp [fans] and have LED lites till bed time-[if no heat-outside temps 50degrees to 75 degrees]....then I run it all nite-or at least for an hour till I go to sleep....I now have a small generator [3000wt] that is not very loud at all like my ONAN Diesel which is [12,500wt]-the small one shielded properly, can hardly be heard, right next to the truck.....but if you listen real hard you can hear it- on your hands and knees-that is......It makes the same noise as a A/C IMHO.....But I'm sure someone will bitch even if I drop the toilet seat in some parks-I then move on in the AM anyway....they don't need my money - another reason to put the charge on a credit card...geofkaye
geofkaye is offline   Reply With Quote